Maroon 5 cancels show in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
American pop rock band Maroon 5 announced on Tuesday that their concert in Jakarta in September would be cancelled.
'Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel our show in Jakarta on the 23rd Sept,' the band announced on their official Twitter account.
The host of the event, Live Nation Indonesia (LNI), explained on its website that the cancellation was done to respect the Idul Adha celebrations occurring on the same day of the band's concert.
During the religious celebrations, all community activities at the concert venue Indonesia Convention Exhibition (ICE) in BSD City, South Tangerang would be halted, it added
However, LNI stated that they hoped the band would come back to Jakarta at a later date.
The organizers also informed concerned parties that they would send emails to concertgoers to explain the procedure of the refund.
Details of the procedure could also be accessed on its website maroon5jakarta.com
Maroon 5 had previously also cancelled their concert in Liverpool, UK, on May 30 due to vocalist Adam Levine's throat problem.
The concert was supposed to have served as their third concert in Indonesia after their previous concerts on April 27, 2011 and Oct. 5, 2012. (+++)
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know