Tengku Erry appointed as N. Sumatra acting governor
The Jakarta Post
The Home Ministry on Tuesday appointed North Sumatra deputy governor Tengku Erry Nuradi as acting governor of the province, in a selection based on Home Ministerial Decree No.122.12/4357/SC, dated Aug.10, 2015.
'We are present here to hand over a letter appointing deputy governor Erry as North Sumatra acting governor. Through this appointment, we want to make sure that the organization of the North Sumatra's administration can run smoothly,' the Home Ministry's regional autonomy director general Sumarsono told journalists at the North Sumatra governor's office on Tuesday.
He said the ministry issued the appointment letter after it received a letter from the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), letter No.N7713/0123/08/2015 dated Aug.4, 2015, regarding the detainment of North Sumatra governor Gatot Pujo Nugroho as a graft suspect.
Last week, the KPK detained Gatot and his second wife Evi Susanty after it named them as suspects in a bribery case involving judges at the Medan State Administrative Court. (ebf)(++++)
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky