Jokowi inaugurates six new ministers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has inaugurated six ministers and other minister-level officials of Kabinet Kerja (the Working Cabinet) on Wednesday.
The ceremony was held after Jokowi inaugurated Rano Karno as the governor of Banten province at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta.
Among the six ministers inaugurated by Jokowi was Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, the new coordinating political, legal and security affairs minister. Replacing Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno, Luhut will hold the position alongside his current responsibility as chief of the Presidential office.
As rumored, former coordinating economic minister Rizal Ramli was inaugurated as coordinating maritime affairs minister, replacing Indroyono Soesilo.
Replacing Rachmat Gobel, former official of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (BPPN) Thomas Trikasih Lembong was inaugurated as trade minister.
Sofjan Djalil, previously assigned as coordinating economic minister, was inaugurated as head of the National Development Planning Board (Bappenas), replacing Andrinof Chaniago.
Former Bank Indonesia governor Darmin Nasution was inaugurated as coordinating economic minister, replacing Sofyan Djalil. And senior PDI-P politician Pramono Anung was inaugurated as cabinet secretary, replacing Andi Widjajanto.
The inauguration ceremony began with the recitation of the President's decree on the honorable discharge and appointment of ministers. (kes)(++++)
You might also like :
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- Children’s book launched to promote Indonesian culture, wildlife
- Further attacks feared following IS-claimed Jakarta twin blasts
- BNI leads 15 other banks to finance toll road in Central Java
- EDITORIAL: Clear and present danger
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan