Jokowi inaugurates six new ministers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has inaugurated six ministers and other minister-level officials of Kabinet Kerja (the Working Cabinet) on Wednesday.
The ceremony was held after Jokowi inaugurated Rano Karno as the governor of Banten province at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta.
Among the six ministers inaugurated by Jokowi was Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, the new coordinating political, legal and security affairs minister. Replacing Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno, Luhut will hold the position alongside his current responsibility as chief of the Presidential office.
As rumored, former coordinating economic minister Rizal Ramli was inaugurated as coordinating maritime affairs minister, replacing Indroyono Soesilo.
Replacing Rachmat Gobel, former official of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (BPPN) Thomas Trikasih Lembong was inaugurated as trade minister.
Sofjan Djalil, previously assigned as coordinating economic minister, was inaugurated as head of the National Development Planning Board (Bappenas), replacing Andrinof Chaniago.
Former Bank Indonesia governor Darmin Nasution was inaugurated as coordinating economic minister, replacing Sofyan Djalil. And senior PDI-P politician Pramono Anung was inaugurated as cabinet secretary, replacing Andi Widjajanto.
The inauguration ceremony began with the recitation of the President's decree on the honorable discharge and appointment of ministers. (kes)(++++)
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy