Jokowi inaugurates six new ministers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has inaugurated six ministers and other minister-level officials of Kabinet Kerja (the Working Cabinet) on Wednesday.
The ceremony was held after Jokowi inaugurated Rano Karno as the governor of Banten province at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta.
Among the six ministers inaugurated by Jokowi was Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan, the new coordinating political, legal and security affairs minister. Replacing Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno, Luhut will hold the position alongside his current responsibility as chief of the Presidential office.
As rumored, former coordinating economic minister Rizal Ramli was inaugurated as coordinating maritime affairs minister, replacing Indroyono Soesilo.
Replacing Rachmat Gobel, former official of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (BPPN) Thomas Trikasih Lembong was inaugurated as trade minister.
Sofjan Djalil, previously assigned as coordinating economic minister, was inaugurated as head of the National Development Planning Board (Bappenas), replacing Andrinof Chaniago.
Former Bank Indonesia governor Darmin Nasution was inaugurated as coordinating economic minister, replacing Sofyan Djalil. And senior PDI-P politician Pramono Anung was inaugurated as cabinet secretary, replacing Andi Widjajanto.
The inauguration ceremony began with the recitation of the President's decree on the honorable discharge and appointment of ministers. (kes)(++++)
You might also like :
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Demian's 'buried alive Judge Cuts act' YouTube Trending
- Collusion reappears between Jakarta Council, administration after Ahok’s departure: Expert
- Mahathir defends his treatment of Anwar in 1998
- ASEAN a success story of integration
- Election law should not exist: Expert
- Railway director general removed from office
- Philippine bank executive arrested for fraud
- White House spokesman, Trump legal aide quit as Russia probe deepens
- ‘Game of Thrones’ language course offered online, and for free