Names of reshuffled ministers circulate
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Names of the six ministers from Kabinet Kerja (the Working Cabinet) that will be reshuffled are already circulating, along with the names of their replacements who will be inaugurated by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo at 1 p.m. on Wednesday at the Presidential Palace.
According to a report by kompas.com, chief of the Presidential office Luhut Binsar Panjaitan will replace Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno as coordinating political, legal and security affairs minister.
Bank Indonesia governor Darmin Nasution will reportedly replace Sofyan Djalil as coordinating economic minister. Sofyan Djalil himself will replace Andrinof Chaniago as national development planning minister.
Former coordinating economic minister Rizal Ramli, according to the report, will be assigned as coordinating maritime affairs minister, replacing Indroyono Soesilo; former official of the Indonesian Bank Restructuring Agency (BPPN), Thomas Lembong, will reportedly replace Rachmat Gobel as trade minister; and senior PDI-P politician Pramono Anung is said to be taking the place of Andi Widjajanto as cabinet secretary.
According to kompas.com, five of the six aforementioned ministers were called by Jokowi and Vice President Jusuf Kalla on Tuesday at 7 p.m., around 30 minutes after a private meeting between Jokowi and Kalla at the Presidential Palace. (kes)(+++)
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace