ASEAN to have common driving license
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The ASEAN regional forum mulls over issuing international driving licenses that will be valid in each of the 10 member countries, an official stated on Wednesday.
The Transportation Ministry's director general for land transportation, Santosa Eddy Wibowo, said the common driving license was aimed at facilitating cross border transport between ASEAN member countries.
"[The license] will be for all citizens of ASEAN countries. It will be an international standard license at the ASEAN level," Santosa said as quoted by tempo.co.
He further said that in Indonesia, the document will be bilingual, in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
"It is our obligation now to translate [the existing Indonesian driving license forms] into English," he said, adding that the same would go for the KIR (vehicle road worthiness test) certificate. "But we should first consult the police."
The ASEAN forum held its meeting on Aug. 24-28 in Yogyakarta.
You might also like :
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion