Ahok confirms cancellation of monorail project
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The numerous monorail support poles will be used by state-owned construction company PT Adhi Karya to develop Jakarta's Light Rail Transit (LRT).
Ahok said that he had sent a letter to JM regarding the decision. One of the reasons for the cancellation is the company's inability to fulfill the city's proposed requirements.
"There is no more negotiation; [I] have sent a letter," said Ahok at city hall on Thursday as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
According to Ahok, there were at least 15 requirements proposed by the city that were left unfulfilled by the company, included a business plan, a bank guarantee of 5 percent from the project's total investment and the relocation of the depot constructions in Setiabudi dam in South Jakarta and Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta.
"There is no more bargaining. We said long ago that the project was over," said Ahok.
The problematic monorail project began in 2004 under then governor Sutiyoso.The construction resumed in October 2013, with JM as contractor. However, its construction has not progressed following disagreements between the city and the company. (kes)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion