Adnan Buyung dies at age 81
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Noted Indonesian lawyer Adnan Buyung Nasution has passed away at Pondok Indah Hospital. He died at 10:15 a.m. today, Wednesday 23 September.
Adnan, born in Jakarta on July 20, 1934, was the founder of the Indonesian Legal Aid Institute (YLBHI), an organization committed to providing clients ' mostly lower- to middle-income people ' with affordable legal aid.
"Please forgive my father's mistakes and send him your prayers so that he may be granted the best place in Heaven," said Pia Akbar Nasution, Adnan's daughter, to tempo.co.id.
On Tuesday, Pia shared, her father's condition had improved. Adnan had been breathing normally without a ventilator since Monday afternoon, although he remained connected to the ventilator as a precaution.
Adnan's health had deteriorated significantly since December 2014. He suffered from kidney failure resulting from his high consumption of medicines to treat his high blood pressure and hemodialysis.
Pia said her father's body would be moved to his house at Poncol Lestari No. 7 in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, for the next tribute ceremony.
Adnan is one of the key reform figures from 1989, along with Amin Rais, Bintang Pamungkas, Abdurrahman 'Gusdur' Wahid, Hariman Siregar and Megawati Soekarnoputri.
More recently, Adnan was appointed by then-president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono as a member of the President's Advisory Council. (ads/bbn)(++++)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says