Adnan Buyung dies at age 81
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Noted Indonesian lawyer Adnan Buyung Nasution has passed away at Pondok Indah Hospital. He died at 10:15 a.m. today, Wednesday 23 September.
Adnan, born in Jakarta on July 20, 1934, was the founder of the Indonesian Legal Aid Institute (YLBHI), an organization committed to providing clients ' mostly lower- to middle-income people ' with affordable legal aid.
"Please forgive my father's mistakes and send him your prayers so that he may be granted the best place in Heaven," said Pia Akbar Nasution, Adnan's daughter, to tempo.co.id.
On Tuesday, Pia shared, her father's condition had improved. Adnan had been breathing normally without a ventilator since Monday afternoon, although he remained connected to the ventilator as a precaution.
Adnan's health had deteriorated significantly since December 2014. He suffered from kidney failure resulting from his high consumption of medicines to treat his high blood pressure and hemodialysis.
Pia said her father's body would be moved to his house at Poncol Lestari No. 7 in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, for the next tribute ceremony.
Adnan is one of the key reform figures from 1989, along with Amin Rais, Bintang Pamungkas, Abdurrahman 'Gusdur' Wahid, Hariman Siregar and Megawati Soekarnoputri.
More recently, Adnan was appointed by then-president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono as a member of the President's Advisory Council. (ads/bbn)(++++)
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65
- The warning signs get stronger
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women