National scene: House Speaker skips second ethics grilling
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The House of Representatives' Ethics Committee (MKD) has lambasted House Speaker Setya Novanto and Deputy Speaker Fadli Zon for skipping a second summons on Monday regarding their alleged breach of ethics in attending US presidential hopeful Donald Trump's campaign on the sidelines of a state visit to New York in September.
'This is their second absence and we consider their reasons for skipping the questioning to be baseless,' MKD deputy chairman Junimart Girsang told The Jakarta Post.
Setya claimed to have had another official event to attend on Monday despite previously agreeing to be questioned on Oct.12, said Junimart, adding that Fadli had defied the summons by saying that he had not been told on what accusations he was going to be questioned.
Junimart added that if the two House leaders were absent from the third questioning planned for Oct.19, then the MKD would go ahead issuing a verdict in the case without hearing their defense.
You might also like :
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash