Jokowi condemns Paris attacks
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has condemned the multiple attacks in Paris, France, that have killed at least 120 people and promised to support counter-terrorism efforts.
He expressed his deep condolences to all the victims of the violence and also to the French government and people.
"Indonesia condemns the violence that took place in Paris," he said in a press statement on Saturday.
Jokowi said that any act of terrorism could not be tolerated and called for international cooperation in the war against terrorism.
"I urge all parties to strengthen the international cooperation in handling terrorism issues," he said at a press conference before departing to Turkey to attend the G20 Summit.
The Indonesian Embassy in Paris reported earlier that so far no Indonesian victims had been reported and said that it had opened a hotline for information regarding the attacks.
A series of attacks involving shootings, explosions and hostages took place on Friday night in the French capital.
French authorities have reported that at least 120 people died in the incident along with the attackers. (rin)
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- No need to complain: Jokowi on SBY's tweet
- 'City budget signed by governor': Jokowi responds to Sylviana
- Android users can now search Google while offline
- SBY’s Twitter whine his own business: VP
- Korean star rapper Gary returns to ‘Running Man’
- The economic policy Trump should pursue
- Celebrate year of the rooster at these modern Chinese restaurants
- Dynamic Thai duo stand out at weather-hit SMBC Singapore Open
- At least 32 killed, 50 injured as train derails in India