Exotic 'street-race' damages lives in Surabaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
A tragic accident occurred in Surabaya, East Java, after a Lamborghini racing against a Ferrari in the street lost control and hit a middle-aged couple and another man on the Manyar-Kertoarjo road.
The Lamborghini hit Kuswanto ( 51 ), his wife Srikanti ( 41 ) and Mujianto ( 44 ), according to the police. The car dragged the Kuswanto's body along for few meters and then crashed into a tree.
"And a motorcycle, which was parked near the vendor, was heavily damaged in the crash," said Lily Djafar, a spokesperson at the Surabaya police station, as quoted by Kompas.com on Sunday.
Kuswanto and his wife Srikanti, both citizens of Kaliasin, a nearby village, were on the side of the road buying milk from a street vendor.
Srikanti and Mujianto, the waiter at the vendor, sustained serious injuries and their legs were broken in the accident, Lily said. Meanwhile, Kuswanto was pronounced dead due to his fatal injury.
The police have detained the driver of the Lamborghini, Wiyang Lautner ( 24 ), at Dukuh Kupang police station and launched a further investigation into the crash. (ags)
You might also like :
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival