Indonesia's tourism program to be launched on TLC, Discovery Channel
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian culture and tourism television program is set to air on TLC and Discovery channels across the Asia Pacific region starting from Dec. 10.
Titled Wondernesia, the program is part of the Tourism Ministry's efforts to promote the archipelago's tourist destinations and achieve its target of 20 million foreign tourist arrivals by 2019.
Wondernesia is produced by Discovery Networks Asia Pacific (DNAP) and will feature 12 episodes, each with a duration of about 23 minutes.
'Our country has many spectacular places and cultures that are still hidden from the world. Through the Wondernesia TV show, we want to introduce the archipelago's natural and cultural riches to a wider audience,' said Tourism Minister Arief Yahya at the program's launch in Jakarta on Monday.
The show will showcase 12 tourist destinations from four provinces including Jakarta, Yogyakarta, West Nusa Tenggara and Papua.
Indonesian-Australian model and actress Nadya Hutagalung will host the program along with international video bloggers such as Luke Latty from Australia, Mae Tan from Singapore and Diana Huntley from China.
'By launching the Wondernesia program internationally, I am hopeful that the Wonderful Indonesia brand as well as Indonesia's natural beauty and cultural charm will be increasingly known overseas,' said Arief. (kes)(+)
You might also like :
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence