Joint team on the hunt for Papua police killers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Papua Police have set up a joint team comprising police and military personnel to pursue perpetrators of an armed attack that killed three police officers at the Sinak Police headquarters in Puncak regency, Papua.
'A joint team comprising 50 Mobile Brigade [Brimob] and detective unit personnel has been dispatched to investigate and pursue the shooting perpetrators. Directly supported by commanders of military district commands, the Indonesian Military has also deployed personnel to search for the attackers and prevent such incidents from reocurring,' Papua Police spokesman Patrige Renwarin said as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Starting their investigation into the Sinak shooting shortly after the incident occurred, Patrige said the joint team had not as yet discovered the whereabouts of the attackers.
'At the site of the attack, the police investigation team found one weapon and a large stockpile of munitions left under stairs at the Sinak Police office building. The weapon belongs to the police office; the armed group apparently didn't see it,' said Patrige.
He added that the police had taken anticipatory measures by increasing the number of on-guard personnel.
As reported earlier, a number of armed civilians attacked the Sinak Police office in Puncak regency, Papua, on Sunday evening. Three police members, namely First Brig.Ridho, Second Brig.Arman and Second Brig.Ilham, were killed and weapons and munitions were taken. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Korean comedy-drama sparks uproar for 'disrespecting Islam'
- 4 cities in Indonesia where you can travel by foot
- WhatsApp adds Picture-in-Picture feature on Android 8.0
- Another cargo plane skids off runway in Papua
- Beware the dangers of pre-cooked meals
- Six ITB students injured by crumbling pillar
- Wonderful Indonesia Festival 2017 to grace Manila
- Danilo completes Man City move
- US golfer Spieth in prime position to win British Open
- Jember crowned Indonesia's Carnival City