Joint team on the hunt for Papua police killers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Papua Police have set up a joint team comprising police and military personnel to pursue perpetrators of an armed attack that killed three police officers at the Sinak Police headquarters in Puncak regency, Papua.
'A joint team comprising 50 Mobile Brigade [Brimob] and detective unit personnel has been dispatched to investigate and pursue the shooting perpetrators. Directly supported by commanders of military district commands, the Indonesian Military has also deployed personnel to search for the attackers and prevent such incidents from reocurring,' Papua Police spokesman Patrige Renwarin said as quoted by kompas.com on Wednesday.
Starting their investigation into the Sinak shooting shortly after the incident occurred, Patrige said the joint team had not as yet discovered the whereabouts of the attackers.
'At the site of the attack, the police investigation team found one weapon and a large stockpile of munitions left under stairs at the Sinak Police office building. The weapon belongs to the police office; the armed group apparently didn't see it,' said Patrige.
He added that the police had taken anticipatory measures by increasing the number of on-guard personnel.
As reported earlier, a number of armed civilians attacked the Sinak Police office in Puncak regency, Papua, on Sunday evening. Three police members, namely First Brig.Ridho, Second Brig.Arman and Second Brig.Ilham, were killed and weapons and munitions were taken. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Zero down-payment housing not for all: Sandiaga
- 'Scandal,' the show that Twitter built, bows out
- Shuttlers try newly renovated Istora stadium ahead of Indonesia Masters