Police arrests 19 people with links to Jakarta attack
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The National Police have arrested 19 people on suspicion of having direct links to the Jan. 14 terrorist attack on Jl. MH Thamrin in Jakarta.
The 19 suspects, comprising convicts and citizens, are suspected of having been involved in planning and executing the attack that left eight people dead, National Police chief Gen. Badrodin Haiti said on Friday.
He said that the police had determined that two of the convicts had links to the attack, while another convict was still under investigation.
The arrested suspects are members of five different terrorist groups in Indonesia, Badrodin said, adding that the names of three of the groups' leaders are Hendro Fernando, Romli, Herni, while police are still identifying the leaders of the other groups.
The police have received details of messages sent by the perpetrators before they committed the act of terror, Badrodin added. (afr/bbn)
You might also like :
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse