National Library opens digital portal
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
To step up its game in the digital era, the National Library (Perpusnas) has launched a digital library networking portal to boost services and provide easier access from anywhere.
Dubbed Indonesia One Search, the portal currently provides up to 4.1 million records from 218 institutions, which include governments and universities. The public can access the service on onesearch.id.
Another thing that Perpusnas has been cooking up since 2011 is a library automation application software called the Integrated Library System (INLIS). A lighter version of the software, INLIS Lite, will be distributed for free to enable all libraries or institutions to implement the open-source platform and digitalize their services.
As part of the government's national program to promote reading, Perpusnas has also announced Najwa Shihab as ambassador for reading for the next five years. As a public figure, Najwa is expected not only to promote reading, but also to be actively involved in Perpusnas' activities such as counseling, campaigns, seminars and discussions. Previous ambassadors include Tantowi Yahya and Andy F. Noya. (kes)(+)
You might also like :
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Messi's gritty hometown braces for a glam wedding
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother
- Krakatau Steel aims to reach break-even point in 2017
- Semarang archbishop visits Idul Fitri revelers, conveys greeting from Vatican