National Library opens digital portal
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
To step up its game in the digital era, the National Library (Perpusnas) has launched a digital library networking portal to boost services and provide easier access from anywhere.
Dubbed Indonesia One Search, the portal currently provides up to 4.1 million records from 218 institutions, which include governments and universities. The public can access the service on onesearch.id.
Another thing that Perpusnas has been cooking up since 2011 is a library automation application software called the Integrated Library System (INLIS). A lighter version of the software, INLIS Lite, will be distributed for free to enable all libraries or institutions to implement the open-source platform and digitalize their services.
As part of the government's national program to promote reading, Perpusnas has also announced Najwa Shihab as ambassador for reading for the next five years. As a public figure, Najwa is expected not only to promote reading, but also to be actively involved in Perpusnas' activities such as counseling, campaigns, seminars and discussions. Previous ambassadors include Tantowi Yahya and Andy F. Noya. (kes)(+)
You might also like :
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Ahok credits Ciliwung River normalization project for reducing floods across Jakarta