National Library opens digital portal
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
To step up its game in the digital era, the National Library (Perpusnas) has launched a digital library networking portal to boost services and provide easier access from anywhere.
Dubbed Indonesia One Search, the portal currently provides up to 4.1 million records from 218 institutions, which include governments and universities. The public can access the service on onesearch.id.
Another thing that Perpusnas has been cooking up since 2011 is a library automation application software called the Integrated Library System (INLIS). A lighter version of the software, INLIS Lite, will be distributed for free to enable all libraries or institutions to implement the open-source platform and digitalize their services.
As part of the government's national program to promote reading, Perpusnas has also announced Najwa Shihab as ambassador for reading for the next five years. As a public figure, Najwa is expected not only to promote reading, but also to be actively involved in Perpusnas' activities such as counseling, campaigns, seminars and discussions. Previous ambassadors include Tantowi Yahya and Andy F. Noya. (kes)(+)
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy