Can we reconcile Dutch and Indonesian history?
In December 2015, the Netherlands recognized rijstaffel as part of Dutch cultural heritage. Unfortunately, this story slipped under the radar of mainstream news in Indonesia and Netherlands, thus the public in both nations dismissed it as unimportant although Indonesia and Netherlands have established a common cultural heritage.
The lack of a sense of belonging between both nations can be ...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes