Govt looks to disband zero-deforestation pledge
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government is campaigning against a “zero deforestation” pledge (IPOP) signed by leading palm oil producers in Indonesia. This stands in stark contrast to Indonesia’s commitment to promoting sustainable agro-forestry practices.
The Agriculture Ministry said on Tuesday the government was looking for a legal basis to disband the pledge. The pledge was initially designed to promote s...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- India, Iran agree to step up efforts to help Afghanistan
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Adelina’s family demands compensation