Govt looks to disband zero-deforestation pledge
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government is campaigning against a “zero deforestation” pledge (IPOP) signed by leading palm oil producers in Indonesia. This stands in stark contrast to Indonesia’s commitment to promoting sustainable agro-forestry practices.
The Agriculture Ministry said on Tuesday the government was looking for a legal basis to disband the pledge. The pledge was initially designed to promote s...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash