Manipulation of Kartini symbol must end
“I have thought a lot about what people say: Live happily! [...] People don’t want to see the naked truth. They turn away revolted from reality [...] Earlier today, we were so shaken and moved by an example of the suffering in life […]” (Kartini’s letter to Mrs. Abendanon-Mandri, April 8, 1902).
In the early 20th century, a woman not yet 20 years old, named Kartini, thought a lot ...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport