Cheaper solution for subsidence offered
The Jakarta Post
Scientists from reputable universities and Dutch consultant Deltares have offered a cheaper alternative to the proposal to mitigate tidal flooding in subsiding Jakarta by building a seawall, called the Great Garuda, to close off Jakarta Bay and costing Indonesia US$20.3 billion in public-private partnerships over 15 years.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has instructed his administration...
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala