Cheaper solution for subsidence offered
The Jakarta Post
Scientists from reputable universities and Dutch consultant Deltares have offered a cheaper alternative to the proposal to mitigate tidal flooding in subsiding Jakarta by building a seawall, called the Great Garuda, to close off Jakarta Bay and costing Indonesia US$20.3 billion in public-private partnerships over 15 years.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has instructed his administration...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources