Cheaper solution for subsidence offered
The Jakarta Post
Scientists from reputable universities and Dutch consultant Deltares have offered a cheaper alternative to the proposal to mitigate tidal flooding in subsiding Jakarta by building a seawall, called the Great Garuda, to close off Jakarta Bay and costing Indonesia US$20.3 billion in public-private partnerships over 15 years.
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has instructed his administration...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers