NGOs’ changing roles in sustainable agro industry
Edi Purwanto and Soren Moestrup
Indonesia’s economic development and resource utilization are largely driven by global demand. At present a large part of natural-resource management is in the hands of the private sector.
Palm oil is a prime example, as the unprecedented growth in global demand, during the past 20 years, has resulted in major changes in land use in the country. Without strong governance and law enforcem...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash