National scene: Govt to launch open data initiative
The Jakarta Post
The government is preparing a presidential regulation (Perpres) on open data, allowing the public to enjoy greater access to data.
The deputy chief of staff at the Executive Office of the President for analysis and oversight of strategic issues on social, cultural and ecological affairs, Yanuar Nugroho, said the Perpres would be signed by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo this year.
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta