National scene: Govt to launch open data initiative
The Jakarta Post
The government is preparing a presidential regulation (Perpres) on open data, allowing the public to enjoy greater access to data.
The deputy chief of staff at the Executive Office of the President for analysis and oversight of strategic issues on social, cultural and ecological affairs, Yanuar Nugroho, said the Perpres would be signed by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo this year.
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote