Why ASEAN must pay more attention to the Mekong Delta
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Jakarta | Thu, June 9 2016 | 07:01 am
PREMIUMThe recent diplomatic spat between Indonesia and Singapore over the city-state’s effort to prosecute an Indonesian businessman for his alleged involvement in the haze last year was a frank reminder of the devastating impact man-made disasters can have on the region.
Yet while the regional haze — considered the worst since 1997 — attracted most of the headlines around the world, anoth...
- Jakarta officials confirm Ahok returned Rp 1.2b in operational funds
- 7 people caught red-handed by KPK in alleged bribery case
- Further attacks feared
- Ahok resigns from post, returns money
- Ramadhan begins on Saturday, govt says
- Maria Ozawa, Filipino-Spanish BF in first pictorial as a couple
- Five people arrested in relation to Jakarta twin suicide bomb attack
- Children’s book launched to promote Indonesian culture, wildlife
- Study finds moratorium does little to curb deforestation
- NU intensifies monitoring to curb radicalism during Ramadhan