Why ASEAN must pay more attention to the Mekong Delta
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
The recent diplomatic spat between Indonesia and Singapore over the city-state’s effort to prosecute an Indonesian businessman for his alleged involvement in the haze last year was a frank reminder of the devastating impact man-made disasters can have on the region.
Yet while the regional haze — considered the worst since 1997 — attracted most of the headlines around the world, anoth...
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church