New study could lower RI’s emissions ranking
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
A study funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has concluded that Indonesia’s peat fires produced less greenhouse gas emissions than previously believed, a finding that could lower the country’s carbon-emission ranking.
The archipelago is currently ranked as the country making the third-largest contribution to global emissions due to the annual land and fores...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless