New study could lower RI’s emissions ranking
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
A study funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has concluded that Indonesia’s peat fires produced less greenhouse gas emissions than previously believed, a finding that could lower the country’s carbon-emission ranking.
The archipelago is currently ranked as the country making the third-largest contribution to global emissions due to the annual land and fores...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- India, Iran agree to step up efforts to help Afghanistan
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Adelina’s family demands compensation