Ignorance may lead to the demise of industry
The Jakarta Post
Under the sun: Workers dry batik cloth in the traditional way.(Courtesy of Muchamad Ali Jufri)Many Indonesians cannot distinguish genuine batik from textiles with batik motifs, a problem that has resulted in a stagnant batik industry despite government claims that sales of batik are growing rapidly at home and abroad.
This ignorance is not found exclusively among the masses.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash