Ignorance may lead to the demise of industry
The Jakarta Post
Under the sun: Workers dry batik cloth in the traditional way.(Courtesy of Muchamad Ali Jufri)Many Indonesians cannot distinguish genuine batik from textiles with batik motifs, a problem that has resulted in a stagnant batik industry despite government claims that sales of batik are growing rapidly at home and abroad.
This ignorance is not found exclusively among the masses.
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Easy win for Ganjar in Central Java?
- Security officers claim ghosts haunt election material warehouse
- Bank Indonesia to help boost property business
- Mattis visits China amid Korea talks, strategic tensions
- Ayu Utami: On the Reform era, 20th anniversary of 'Saman'