CGV Blitz chooses Manado for its 21st cinema in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
Publicly listed movie-theater operator Graha Layar Prima has opened its latest cinema at the Grand Kawanua City Walk mall in Manado, North Sulawesi. It is the company’s first movie theater in Sulawesi.
The new theater expands the company's cinema chain under the ‘CGV Blitz’ brand to 21 theaters in eight provinces: Jakarta, Banten, West Java, Yogyakarta, East Java, Riau Islands, Kalimantan and North Sulawesi.
“CGV Blitz Grand Kawanua City Walk Manado will be opened on June 22,” CGV Blitz spokeswoman Dyah Wurianti was quoted as saying by tribunnews.com in Jakarta on Tuesday.
The new movie theater, she explained, had seven auditoriums with a total of 1,212 seats. In line with the CGV Blitz concept, it has a ‘Velvet Class’ equipped with sofa beds, pillows and blankets, aside from the ‘Sweetbox’ equipped with mini sofas and the ordinary class.
To attract moviegoers in the fifth-biggest island of Indonesia, the company will offer free tickets to new members for a limited period.
Graha Layar Prima has been working with South Korea’s largest multiplex cinema chain, CJ CGV, to run the second biggest cinema chain in Indonesia. CJ CGV increased its share in Graha Layar Prima to 40.25 percent in April, according to a regulatory filing in Korea. (ags)
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw