Island focus: One dies in 5.4-magnitude quake
The Jakarta Post
A farmer in Kamang Mudiak village, Kamang Magek district, Agam regency, West Sumatra, was killed when a 5.4-magnitude earthquake rocked the northern part of the province on Sunday afternoon.
Agam Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) head Bambang Warsito said Hamdi Desril Sutan Kayo, 44, died while receiving treatment at the Ahmad Mochtar Bukittinggi Hospital in Bukittinggi on Monday morning.
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- BREAKING: Boat with 80 passengers capsizes in Lake Toba
- One killed after Lake Toba vessel capsizes