Island focus: One dies in 5.4-magnitude quake
The Jakarta Post
A farmer in Kamang Mudiak village, Kamang Magek district, Agam regency, West Sumatra, was killed when a 5.4-magnitude earthquake rocked the northern part of the province on Sunday afternoon.
Agam Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) head Bambang Warsito said Hamdi Desril Sutan Kayo, 44, died while receiving treatment at the Ahmad Mochtar Bukittinggi Hospital in Bukittinggi on Monday morning.
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack