Island focus: One dies in 5.4-magnitude quake
The Jakarta Post
A farmer in Kamang Mudiak village, Kamang Magek district, Agam regency, West Sumatra, was killed when a 5.4-magnitude earthquake rocked the northern part of the province on Sunday afternoon.
Agam Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) head Bambang Warsito said Hamdi Desril Sutan Kayo, 44, died while receiving treatment at the Ahmad Mochtar Bukittinggi Hospital in Bukittinggi on Monday morning.
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Rahul Gandhi extends family grip on India's Congress party
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target