Changing of the guards' ceremony now open to public
The Jakarta Post
For the first time-ever, the public was invited to watch the Presidential Security Detail’s (Paspampres) changing of the guards’ ceremony in the front yard of Merdeka Palace on Sunday.
“This in line with the President’s instructions. In other countries, the changing of the guards is open to the public,” Paspampres commander Maj. Gen. (Marshal) Bambang Suswantono said as quoted by Antara.
Bambang said the President wanted to build stronger ties with the public and change the face of Paspampres.
“The once intimidating-looking Paspampres members will now take pictures with people,” he said.
During the ceremony, Paspampres members showcased a number of skills, including weapon throwing, and displayed the inspection of weapons, ammunition and uniforms.
The ceremony is held every second Sunday of the month. (ary)
You might also like :
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020