Governor tells Papuans to avoid politics
The Jakarta Post
A mediation session between Yogyakarta Governor Hamengkubuwono and Papuan students in Yogyakarta on Friday failed to bridge their differences. The provincial leader insisted on banning the students from engaging in political activities.
The governor said he would not allow the Papuan students to voice their political beliefs, particularly on the campaign for Papuan self-determination.
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam