Governor tells Papuans to avoid politics
The Jakarta Post
A mediation session between Yogyakarta Governor Hamengkubuwono and Papuan students in Yogyakarta on Friday failed to bridge their differences. The provincial leader insisted on banning the students from engaging in political activities.
The governor said he would not allow the Papuan students to voice their political beliefs, particularly on the campaign for Papuan self-determination.
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- The charm of Disney on Ice
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park