New Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 inundated amid heavy rains
The Jakarta Post
The entrance to the newly built Terminal 3 at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport was inundated during heavy rains Sunday.
Heavy rains occurred for hours and water seepage from its roof caused the flooding, as reported by tribunnews.com.
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II's head of corporate secretary and legal Agus Haryadi said puddles formed in the entrance area of Terminal 3 amid heavy rains around 4 p.m.
“The water came from clogged drains,” Agus told The Jakarta Post.
He also apologized to passengers for inconveniences caused.
He went on to say the terminal had been cleaned and would take measures to prevent such incidences from happening again.
Meanwhile, netizens have expressed their disappointment. Social media account @menujusenja uploaded a photo of the flooded Terminal 3 and questioned whether it was ready to be opened. (wnd/evi)
You might also like :
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless