New Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 inundated amid heavy rains
The Jakarta Post
The entrance to the newly built Terminal 3 at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport was inundated during heavy rains Sunday.
Heavy rains occurred for hours and water seepage from its roof caused the flooding, as reported by tribunnews.com.
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II's head of corporate secretary and legal Agus Haryadi said puddles formed in the entrance area of Terminal 3 amid heavy rains around 4 p.m.
“The water came from clogged drains,” Agus told The Jakarta Post.
He also apologized to passengers for inconveniences caused.
He went on to say the terminal had been cleaned and would take measures to prevent such incidences from happening again.
Meanwhile, netizens have expressed their disappointment. Social media account @menujusenja uploaded a photo of the flooded Terminal 3 and questioned whether it was ready to be opened. (wnd/evi)
You might also like :
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- Dangdut legend Elvi Sukaesih set to receive police summons for her children’s alleged drug abuse