New Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 inundated amid heavy rains
The Jakarta Post
The entrance to the newly built Terminal 3 at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport was inundated during heavy rains Sunday.
Heavy rains occurred for hours and water seepage from its roof caused the flooding, as reported by tribunnews.com.
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II's head of corporate secretary and legal Agus Haryadi said puddles formed in the entrance area of Terminal 3 amid heavy rains around 4 p.m.
“The water came from clogged drains,” Agus told The Jakarta Post.
He also apologized to passengers for inconveniences caused.
He went on to say the terminal had been cleaned and would take measures to prevent such incidences from happening again.
Meanwhile, netizens have expressed their disappointment. Social media account @menujusenja uploaded a photo of the flooded Terminal 3 and questioned whether it was ready to be opened. (wnd/evi)
You might also like :
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Papuan football legend killed in house fire