New Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 inundated amid heavy rains
The Jakarta Post
The entrance to the newly built Terminal 3 at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport was inundated during heavy rains Sunday.
Heavy rains occurred for hours and water seepage from its roof caused the flooding, as reported by tribunnews.com.
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II's head of corporate secretary and legal Agus Haryadi said puddles formed in the entrance area of Terminal 3 amid heavy rains around 4 p.m.
“The water came from clogged drains,” Agus told The Jakarta Post.
He also apologized to passengers for inconveniences caused.
He went on to say the terminal had been cleaned and would take measures to prevent such incidences from happening again.
Meanwhile, netizens have expressed their disappointment. Social media account @menujusenja uploaded a photo of the flooded Terminal 3 and questioned whether it was ready to be opened. (wnd/evi)
You might also like :
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Residents in eastern Depok to have new hospital
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment