New Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 inundated amid heavy rains
The Jakarta Post
The entrance to the newly built Terminal 3 at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport was inundated during heavy rains Sunday.
Heavy rains occurred for hours and water seepage from its roof caused the flooding, as reported by tribunnews.com.
State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura II's head of corporate secretary and legal Agus Haryadi said puddles formed in the entrance area of Terminal 3 amid heavy rains around 4 p.m.
“The water came from clogged drains,” Agus told The Jakarta Post.
He also apologized to passengers for inconveniences caused.
He went on to say the terminal had been cleaned and would take measures to prevent such incidences from happening again.
Meanwhile, netizens have expressed their disappointment. Social media account @menujusenja uploaded a photo of the flooded Terminal 3 and questioned whether it was ready to be opened. (wnd/evi)
You might also like :
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Messi's gritty hometown braces for a glam wedding
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother
- Krakatau Steel aims to reach break-even point in 2017
- Semarang archbishop visits Idul Fitri revelers, conveys greeting from Vatican