ITB, UGM, UI named top three universities in Indonesia
The Jakarta Post
The Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) has defended its top position among 3,244 universities in Indonesia on the Research, Technology and Higher Education Ministry’s list of the country’s best universities.
ITB scored 3.78 on a scale of 1 to 4, up from 3.74 last year. The University of Gadjah Mada (UGM) in Yogyakarta scored 3.72, a slight increase from 3.69 in 2015. The University of Indonesia (UI) came in third position with a score of 3.69, up from 3.41 last year. The Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) now ranks fourth, down from third place last year.
“The list is based on the number and quality of lecturers, accredited study programs and the performance of lecturers and students,” Research, Technology and Higher Education Minister Muhammad Nasir told a press conference on Wednesday.
In a significant achievement, Andalas University in Padang, West Sumatra, jumped to the 11th position this year, replacing state-run Sebelas Maret University (UNS) in Surakarta, Central Java.
Meanwhile, Brawijaya University in Malang, East Java, now ranks fifth, relegating 10 November Institute of Technology in Surabaya, East Java, to rank six. (wnd/ebf)
1. Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) 3.78
2. Gadjah Mada University (UGM) 3.72
3. University of Indonesia (UI) 3.69
4. Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB) 3.54
5. Brawijaya University (Unbraw) 3.24
6. 10 November Institute of Technology 3.17
7. Airlangga University (Unair) 3.15
8. Hasanuddin University (Unhas) 3.06
9. Diponegoro University (Undip) 3.04
10. Padjadjaran University (Unpad) 2.97
11. Andalas University (Unand) 2.88
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- North Korea's box of bones: A mythical king and the dream of Korean unification
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world