‘The Silent Song of Genjer Flowers’: Against despair through storytelling
PREMIUM Dinner talk: Suhartinah (second left) has lunch with her friends from Plantungan Prison in the play Nyanyi Sunyi Kembang-Kembang Genjer (The Silent Song of Genjer Flowers). In her play “Nyanyi Sunyi Kembang-Kembang Genjer” (The Silent Song of Genjer Flowers), feminist playwright Faiza Mardzoeki captures how, for female survivors of the communist purge, the simple act of telling their stories i...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi