Big banks support firms linked to deforestation
The Jakarta Post
The link between the world of finance and the destruction of forests has become clearer with a recent study finding that global banks, including three large banks in Indonesia, have been financially supporting forest-risk companies.
The study titled “Forest & Finance” revealed that financial institutions provided more than US$38 billion worth of commercial loans and underwriting fac...
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Chicken price drops due to oversupply
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi