Big banks support firms linked to deforestation
The Jakarta Post
The link between the world of finance and the destruction of forests has become clearer with a recent study finding that global banks, including three large banks in Indonesia, have been financially supporting forest-risk companies.
The study titled “Forest & Finance” revealed that financial institutions provided more than US$38 billion worth of commercial loans and underwriting fac...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces