High-resolution map to protect nation’s peatland
Hans Nicholas Jong
The Jakarta Post
The government has started producing a detailed peatland map using light detection and ranging (LiDAR) technology to better manage the nation’s peatland forests.
A lack of detailed peatland maps has led to many problems such as overlapping permits and rampant slash-and-burn practices.
LiDAR is a surveying method that measures distance to a target by illuminating that target with a...
- Ten diaspora restaurants set to promote Indonesian tourism
- Apple tries to win back students and teachers with low-cost iPad
- Bali-based band Navicula bassist in hospital, girlfriend dies after car accident
- Ryanair to launch flights to Ukraine from October
- Indonesia, Singapore lead deep-sea expedition to West Java
- 13 Indonesian airports join Earth Hour campaign
- Two dead as suspected IS gunman takes hostages in France
- Syahrini responds to backlash over Holocaust Memorial video
- Human-like calf stuns Gorontalo residents
- Prosecutors demand 7 years for suspect in Cikupa persecution case