Sandiaga to get distinguished research professor title from alma mater
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta deputy gubernatorial candidate Sandiaga Uno will go to the US on Tuesday evening to receive the Distinguished Research Professor in Residence title from George Washington University.
Sandiaga will depart for the US after he and gubernatorial candidate Anies Baswedan attend a Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPUD Jakarta) event at JIEXPO Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, where a ballot number drawing for the candidates will take place.
"I have told Pak Anies and my team that I will go to Washington DC to attend the Asian Business Leader Symposium, in which I will receive a title from George Washington University," he said at Bidakara hotel, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
In line with his background as a businessman, Sandiaga, who received a Master’s degree from George Washington University, says he plans to develop small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to create more job opportunities in the city. He also aims to engage bigger companies to stimulate capital provision for SMEs.
"If we have policies that favor SMEs, especially those involved in the digital industry, the economy may grow 2 percent," he said, adding that he aims to create 200,000 new entrepreneurs in the city. (evi)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teen arrested for alleged rape of young earthquake survivor
- Indonesian religious minister denounces LGBT, but calls for people’s empathy
- Rupiah projected at Rp 15,000 per US dollar in 2019 state budget
- BTS renews contract with Big Hit Entertainment