Sandiaga to get distinguished research professor title from alma mater
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta deputy gubernatorial candidate Sandiaga Uno will go to the US on Tuesday evening to receive the Distinguished Research Professor in Residence title from George Washington University.
Sandiaga will depart for the US after he and gubernatorial candidate Anies Baswedan attend a Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPUD Jakarta) event at JIEXPO Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, where a ballot number drawing for the candidates will take place.
"I have told Pak Anies and my team that I will go to Washington DC to attend the Asian Business Leader Symposium, in which I will receive a title from George Washington University," he said at Bidakara hotel, South Jakarta, on Tuesday.
In line with his background as a businessman, Sandiaga, who received a Master’s degree from George Washington University, says he plans to develop small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to create more job opportunities in the city. He also aims to engage bigger companies to stimulate capital provision for SMEs.
"If we have policies that favor SMEs, especially those involved in the digital industry, the economy may grow 2 percent," he said, adding that he aims to create 200,000 new entrepreneurs in the city. (evi)
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back