Jokowi supporters report singer Ahmad Dhani for alleged defamation
The Jakarta Post
Representatives of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo's People’s Soldiers (LRJ) and Pro-Jokowi supporters filed a complaint against singer and composer Ahmad Dhani to Jakarta Police on Monday morning over alleged defamation during the Nov. 4 mass rally.
"We have handed in visual evidence in the form of video file to police investigators," LRJ chairman Riano Oscha said as quoted by tempo.co.
According to Riano, Dhani's speech during the rally demanding the immediate incarceration of inactive Jakarta Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama for blasphemy allegations, has violated the law for degrading the President.
Dhani's speech that was circulated over social media networks allegedly showed him insulting the President for the latter’s reluctance to meet with the protesters last Friday.
Riano said his organization did not contact Dhani in relation to their complaint. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes