Jokowi supporters report singer Ahmad Dhani for alleged defamation
The Jakarta Post
Representatives of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo's People’s Soldiers (LRJ) and Pro-Jokowi supporters filed a complaint against singer and composer Ahmad Dhani to Jakarta Police on Monday morning over alleged defamation during the Nov. 4 mass rally.
"We have handed in visual evidence in the form of video file to police investigators," LRJ chairman Riano Oscha said as quoted by tempo.co.
According to Riano, Dhani's speech during the rally demanding the immediate incarceration of inactive Jakarta Governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama for blasphemy allegations, has violated the law for degrading the President.
Dhani's speech that was circulated over social media networks allegedly showed him insulting the President for the latter’s reluctance to meet with the protesters last Friday.
Riano said his organization did not contact Dhani in relation to their complaint. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends