Psychology professor Sarlito Wirawan passes away at 72
The Jakarta Post
Sarlito Wirawan Sarwono, professor emeritus at the University of Indonesia’s (UI) School of Psychology, died on Monday evening at the age of 72, after four days in the hospital.
His colleague, Hamdi Muluk, confirmed the news. “Yes, I just received the news,” Hamdi said on Monday evening as quoted by tempo.co.
Hamdi said Sarlito had gastrointestinal bleeding. “It had been four days, and the condition became critical at 8 p.m. [on Monday],” he said.
Sarlito was treated at PGI Cikini Hospital and his body will be transferred to UI’s funeral home in Ciputat, South Jakarta.
Sarlito became a lecturer in UI in 1968. His last public appearance was as an expert witness in the trial of Jessica Kumala Wongso, who was convicted for murdering her friend Wayan Mirna Salihin by poisoning her coffee.
Sarlito will be laid to rest on Tuesday at Giri Tama Tonjong Cemetery in Parung, Bogor, West Java. (evi)
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw