Government strips MUI of certification authority
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
After years of a tug-of-war between the Religious Affairs Ministry and the Indonesia Ulema Council (MUI) over the authority to issue certification for halal products, the government finally has the upper hand as it will set up its own halal certification body by early 2017.
The agency, called the Halal Products Certification Agency (BPJPH) under the Religious Affairs Ministry, came into bei...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Macron in Russia for high
- Gun control support fades three months after Florida massacre: Poll
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Scientists discover how breast cancer hibernates: Study