Government strips MUI of certification authority
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
After years of a tug-of-war between the Religious Affairs Ministry and the Indonesia Ulema Council (MUI) over the authority to issue certification for halal products, the government finally has the upper hand as it will set up its own halal certification body by early 2017.
The agency, called the Halal Products Certification Agency (BPJPH) under the Religious Affairs Ministry, came into bei...
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Two dead, seven injured in Prague hotel fire