Chinese flags flying in North Maluku violation of law: TNI
The Jakarta Post
The recent hoisting of a number of Chinese flags in North Maluku by a Chinese company violated the 1958 Law on State Symbols, in which suspected offenders may be subject to criminal prosecution.
The members of the Indonesian Military (TNI) had removed at least two Chinese flags, flown at the compound of nickel miner PT Wanatiara Persada on Obi Island in South Halmahera, North Maluku, and at...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill