Tontowi/Liliyana win Hong Kong Open, 2nd title in two weeks
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia's top mixed doubles shuttlers, Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir, defeated compatriots Praveen Jordan and Debby Susanto in the final match of the Hong Kong Open Super Series badminton tournament on Sunday to clinch the title.
The Rio Olympic gold medalists outclassed their juniors in two straight games 21-19, 21-17 in 42 minutes in the match at the Hong Kong Coliseum in Kowloon.
The victory hands them their second title as many weeks. Last week, they claimed the title of the China Open Super Series Premier championship. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky