Support grows for Papua referendum
Moses Ompusunggu and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Amid what has been perceived as government inaction over injustice in Papua, civil society organizations have rallied to support residents in the country’s easternmost region to exercise their right to self-determination through a referendum.
The groups, which have formed an alliance called the Indonesian People’s Front for West Papua (FRI-West Papua), said on Tuesday that a referendum...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit