Support grows for Papua referendum
Moses Ompusunggu and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Amid what has been perceived as government inaction over injustice in Papua, civil society organizations have rallied to support residents in the country’s easternmost region to exercise their right to self-determination through a referendum.
The groups, which have formed an alliance called the Indonesian People’s Front for West Papua (FRI-West Papua), said on Tuesday that a referendum...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2