Support grows for Papua referendum
Moses Ompusunggu and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Amid what has been perceived as government inaction over injustice in Papua, civil society organizations have rallied to support residents in the country’s easternmost region to exercise their right to self-determination through a referendum.
The groups, which have formed an alliance called the Indonesian People’s Front for West Papua (FRI-West Papua), said on Tuesday that a referendum...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased