Support grows for Papua referendum
Moses Ompusunggu and Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
Amid what has been perceived as government inaction over injustice in Papua, civil society organizations have rallied to support residents in the country’s easternmost region to exercise their right to self-determination through a referendum.
The groups, which have formed an alliance called the Indonesian People’s Front for West Papua (FRI-West Papua), said on Tuesday that a referendum...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year