City to reroute traffic for New Year's Eve celebration
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration will reroute traffic to implement a Car Free Night along Jl. M.H. Thamrin and Jl. Sudirman for a New Year's Eve celebration on Dec. 31.
Jakarta Transportation Agency head Andri Yansyah said a car-free zone would be implemented from the Bank Indonesia traffic circle on Jl. M. H. Thamrin to Semanggi Bridge on Jl. Sudirman as five stages would be erected along that stretch of road for the year-end celebration.
The Car Free Night would run from 5 p.m. on Saturday to 2 a.m. on Sunday, said Andri, as reported by kompas.com, adding that the Transjakarta buses would continue to operate.
Below are the routes for redirected traffic during Car Free Night:
Traffic from Jl. Hayam Wuruk to Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat will be rerouted to Jl. Juanda-Pasar Baru-Gunung Sahari, or to Lapangan Banteng-Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur-Tugu Tani.
Traffic from Jl. Veteran Raya to Jl. Medan Merdeka Utara will be directed to the Harmoni area-Jl. Suryo Pranoto, or to Jl. Gajah Mada.
Traffic from Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur to Jl. Medan Merdeka Utara will be rerouted to Jl. Perwira-Jl. Adipura-Pasar Baru area-Jl. Gunung Sahari, or to Jl. Veteran Raya-Harmoni area-Jl. Suryo Pranoto, or to Jl. Gajah Mada.
Traffic from Tugu Tani to Jl. M.H. Thamrin will be rerouted to Jl. Medan Merdeka Timur-Jl. Perwira-Pasar Baru.
Meanwhile all traffic heading toward Jl. M.H. Thamrin and Jl. Sudirman – from the east and west – will be turned back.
Traffic from Cawang to Jl. Sudirman will be rerouted to Jl. Senopati, or in the Slipi direction.
Traffic from Slipi to Jl. Sudirman will be directed to Cawang-Jl. Rasuna Said, while traffic from Jl. Pattimura and Jl. Sisingamangaraja will be rerouted to Jl. Gatot Subroto or to Cawang. (bbn)
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem