Jokowi congratulates new US President Donald Trump
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has congratulated Donald Trump for his presidential election victory and has said that relations between Indonesia and the United States will be fine under the new leader.
“I’m optimistic that Indonesia-US relations will be better, but they should benefit both countries,” Jokowi said in Bogor, West Java, on Sunday.
The President admitted having phoned Trump, who replied that he had many friends in Indonesia.
“Donald Trump said ‘my friends are many in Indonesia and I have businesses in Indonesia.’ He said this,” Jokowi said.
Trump has been reportedly cooperating with media mogul Harry Tanoesudibjo to set up resorts in Bogor, West Java, and Bali.
Harry reportedly attended the inauguration of the 45th US president in Washington D.C. Several media outlets showed photographs of Harry and his wife posing in front of the Capitol Building after the inauguration. (jun)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high