Anies to focus on key programs ahead of runoff
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Anies Baswedan said Friday he had no plan to make drastic changes in his campaign strategy ahead of the gubernatorial election runoff slated for April 19.
The former education and culture minister said he would rather focus on improving people's awareness on the key campaign programs of the Anies-Sandiaga Uno ticket.
Anies said no special strategy would be necessary as he believed his previous campaign had been proven to be effective to gain votes. He also claimed that the result of the election on Feb. 15 had shown that more than 50 percent of voters wanted a new leader for Jakarta.
“We don't need to change our campaign theme because people welcome our ideas. We need to reach more people,” he told reporters.
Official real-time vote-counting by the Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta), which was 90 percent completed on Friday, recorded incumbent ticket Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Saiful Hidayat in the lead with 43 percent of the vote while Anies-Sandiaga tightly trailed with 40 percent.
The Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono-Sylviana Murni ticket came last with 17 percent, and was thus eliminated heading into the second round.
General Elections Commission (KPU) commissioner Ferry Kurnia Rizkiyansyah observes the real-time vote-counting system at the KPU headquarters in Jakarta on Thursday.(JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)
During the three-month campaign period, Anies-Sandiaga promoted the OK-OCE program, which aimed to create more entrepreneurs in an effort to provide more jobs to the city.
“We hope that in the future more residents will be aware of these programs during our visit,” he continued. (bbs)
You might also like :
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- Welcoming ASEAN's new secretary-general
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m