SBY’s party undecided on supporting Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
The Democratic Party is in wait-and-see mode before determining whether to support incumbent gubernatorial candidates Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Saiful Hidayat or the challengers Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno.
The party's advisory board chairman EE Mangindaan said Friday that the party had yet to make a decision regarding which candidate would receive support from the party led by former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in the upcoming second round of the Jakarta gubernatorial election, after its nominees Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni lost in the first round of the race.
"The important thing is that Agus graciously congratulated both Ahok and Anies for making it into the second round,” Mangindaan said.
Quick count results after the first round of the election showed Ahok-Djarot on top, followed by Anies-Sandiaga in second place and the Democratic Party’s Agus-Sylviana in third place. (rdi/dan)
You might also like :
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official