SBY’s party undecided on supporting Ahok or Anies
The Jakarta Post
The Democratic Party is in wait-and-see mode before determining whether to support incumbent gubernatorial candidates Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Saiful Hidayat or the challengers Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno.
The party's advisory board chairman EE Mangindaan said Friday that the party had yet to make a decision regarding which candidate would receive support from the party led by former president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in the upcoming second round of the Jakarta gubernatorial election, after its nominees Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni lost in the first round of the race.
"The important thing is that Agus graciously congratulated both Ahok and Anies for making it into the second round,” Mangindaan said.
Quick count results after the first round of the election showed Ahok-Djarot on top, followed by Anies-Sandiaga in second place and the Democratic Party’s Agus-Sylviana in third place. (rdi/dan)
You might also like :
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- NGO urges King Salman not to forget his promises to crane victims
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack