Jakartans should be proactive in checking voter lists: KPU Jakarta
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) has urged Jakartans to be more active in checking updated voter lists, which will soon be published on the KPU Jakarta's official website ahead of the runoff for the Jakarta gubernatorial election slated for April 19.
KPU Jakarta commissioner M. Sidik said on Monday that the commission planned to update existing final voter lists (DPT) by including data of voters who were not on the lists but visited polling booths to vote during the first round on Feb. 15. They did so after showing electronic identity cards and recommendation letters issued by the civil registry and demography agency.
“We plan to publish the provisional updated lists to allow the public to check whether they have been registered as voters,” Sidik told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
Voters would only need to enter their e-KTP number on the KPU Jakarta’s website to check if their name had been included on the updated list, he added.
He added that the KPU Jakarta would further raise public awareness regarding the temporary lists by engaging with mass media. (bbs)
You might also like :
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Nissan’s Ghosn arrested over financial law violation
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world