Jakartans should be proactive in checking voter lists: KPU Jakarta
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) has urged Jakartans to be more active in checking updated voter lists, which will soon be published on the KPU Jakarta's official website ahead of the runoff for the Jakarta gubernatorial election slated for April 19.
KPU Jakarta commissioner M. Sidik said on Monday that the commission planned to update existing final voter lists (DPT) by including data of voters who were not on the lists but visited polling booths to vote during the first round on Feb. 15. They did so after showing electronic identity cards and recommendation letters issued by the civil registry and demography agency.
“We plan to publish the provisional updated lists to allow the public to check whether they have been registered as voters,” Sidik told The Jakarta Post on Monday.
Voters would only need to enter their e-KTP number on the KPU Jakarta’s website to check if their name had been included on the updated list, he added.
He added that the KPU Jakarta would further raise public awareness regarding the temporary lists by engaging with mass media. (bbs)
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police