Going beyond tolerance: Accepting diversity
Growing up Muslim in Indonesia is a privilege. It is not hard to live as a member of the majority, and this can lead us to have a narrowed worldview, usually at the expense of minorities.
Are Muslims and Javanese the majority in Indonesia? Probably. What about Chinese and Christians? Probably the minority. Shiites or Ahmadi? Probably marginalized.
With privilege comes a responsibil...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- 5 wall shelf design ideas for small spaces