Suspected Bandung terrorist dies en route to hospital: Police
The Jakarta Post
A man who authorities suspect blew up a cooking pot in Pandawa Park in Arjuna subdistrict in Bandung on Monday died en route to Sartika Asih Police Hospital after police shot him, West Java Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Yusri Yunus said.
“He was in critical condition and he died en route to the hospital,” Yusri said Monday as quoted by Antara news agency.
The police took the suspect to the hospital from the Arjuna subdistrict office at about 12 noon after an officer shot him.
“He was shot once in the front,” Yusri said.
After allegedly blowing up a cooking pot in Pandawa Park, the suspect tried to escape from the police in the Arjuna subdistrict office in Cicendo district, Bandung, West Java. The suspect tried to set fire to the second floor of the office before the police shot him. No fatalities were reported from the attack. (evi)
You might also like :
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi