Suspected Bandung terrorist dies en route to hospital: Police
The Jakarta Post
A man who authorities suspect blew up a cooking pot in Pandawa Park in Arjuna subdistrict in Bandung on Monday died en route to Sartika Asih Police Hospital after police shot him, West Java Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Yusri Yunus said.
“He was in critical condition and he died en route to the hospital,” Yusri said Monday as quoted by Antara news agency.
The police took the suspect to the hospital from the Arjuna subdistrict office at about 12 noon after an officer shot him.
“He was shot once in the front,” Yusri said.
After allegedly blowing up a cooking pot in Pandawa Park, the suspect tried to escape from the police in the Arjuna subdistrict office in Cicendo district, Bandung, West Java. The suspect tried to set fire to the second floor of the office before the police shot him. No fatalities were reported from the attack. (evi)
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi