Jakarta to resume BMW stadium construction project
The Jakarta Post
After being in limbo for many years, the construction of the much-awaited new soccer stadium at the BMW park in North Jakarta will commence soon.
Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama said on Wednesday that stadium would become headquarters for Jakarta soccer club Persija and the Soccer Association of Indonesia.
“We are now designing the stadium,” he said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Ahok said the design should be appropriate as it would be the headquarters of two institutions.
He said he also had ordered City Secretary Saefullah to take care the project, including finishing all the land disputes.
The development of the stadium had been halted for a few years due to land disputes while the Jakarta administration had torn down Persija’s stadium in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in 2015 to turn it into the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train depot. (cor/dmr)
You might also like :
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners