Jakarta to resume BMW stadium construction project
The Jakarta Post
After being in limbo for many years, the construction of the much-awaited new soccer stadium at the BMW park in North Jakarta will commence soon.
Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama said on Wednesday that stadium would become headquarters for Jakarta soccer club Persija and the Soccer Association of Indonesia.
“We are now designing the stadium,” he said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Ahok said the design should be appropriate as it would be the headquarters of two institutions.
He said he also had ordered City Secretary Saefullah to take care the project, including finishing all the land disputes.
The development of the stadium had been halted for a few years due to land disputes while the Jakarta administration had torn down Persija’s stadium in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in 2015 to turn it into the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train depot. (cor/dmr)
You might also like :
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Disney delights 'Star Wars' devotees at CinemaCon
- Foreign workers' regulation to improve investment climate: Minister
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers