Jakarta to resume BMW stadium construction project
The Jakarta Post
After being in limbo for many years, the construction of the much-awaited new soccer stadium at the BMW park in North Jakarta will commence soon.
Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama said on Wednesday that stadium would become headquarters for Jakarta soccer club Persija and the Soccer Association of Indonesia.
“We are now designing the stadium,” he said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Ahok said the design should be appropriate as it would be the headquarters of two institutions.
He said he also had ordered City Secretary Saefullah to take care the project, including finishing all the land disputes.
The development of the stadium had been halted for a few years due to land disputes while the Jakarta administration had torn down Persija’s stadium in Lebak Bulus, South Jakarta, in 2015 to turn it into the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train depot. (cor/dmr)
You might also like :
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- At least 13 dead and 50 injured in Barcelona van attack