Ceramic industry group to hold ceramic exhibition to woo global players
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian Ceramic Industry Association (Asaki) will hold its 6th annual ceramic exhibition Keramika 2017 on March 16 to March 19 in Jakarta to showcase advancements in industrial technologies and designs to the global market.
Exhibition committee chairman Mulyadi Toha said on Wednesday that the exhibition, jointly held with Reed Panorama Exhibitions (RPE), would present 48 participants from various countries, including China, India, Indonesia, Italy, Turkey and the United States.
“Although the number of exhibitors this year has decreased from 52 last year, we expect that the number of visitors will increase by about 15 percent from 38,000,” he said.
The showcase will coincide with architecture exhibitions Megabuild Indonesia and Jakarta Design Week at the same place, the Jakarta Convention Center (JCC) in Central Jakarta, Mulyadi added.
Asaki chairman Elisa Sinaga said Indonesian ceramic factories operated at 65 percent of their capacity in 2016, out of the total installed capacity of 580 million square meters. The association expected to raise the utilization of the industry’s capacity to about 75 percent, he added.
Ceramic exports make up around 13 percent of overall domestic production, according to the group. (yon/lnd)
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Indonesia launches 16th economic package
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw