Jokowi visits ailing adviser Hasyim Muzadi in Malang
The Jakarta Post
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo flew to Malang, East Java, at 8 a.m. on Wednesday to visit Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) member Hasyim Muzadi, who was discharged from hospital on Monday.
Seventy-two-year-old Hasyim, a former chairman of the country’s largest Muslim organization Nahdlatul Ulama, was rushed to Lavelette Hospital on Saturday.
As soon as he arrived in Malang, Jokowi and First Lady Iriana Widodo went straight to Hasyim’s residence, according to a statement released by the State Palace on Wednesday morning.
Hospital director Abdul Rokhim said Hasyim should have remained at the hospital but he had opted to recover at his house.
“However, [cleric] Hasyim wants to recover at his residence so that he can be close to his santri [Islamic boarding school students],” Abdul Rokhim said as quoted in the Presidential Palace press release.
Hasyim has an Islamic boarding school called Pesantren Al Hikam in Malang and his house is located in the same compound.
Jokowi will fly back to Jakarta at 1 p.m. and head to the State Palace to lead a plenary Cabinet meeting to discuss the draft 2018 state budget with his ministers. (wit)
You might also like :
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020