Tycoon Hary Tanoesoedibjo declares support for Anies
The Jakarta Post
The political party of business tycoon Hary Tanoesoedibjo officially declared its support for Jakarta gubernatorial candidate Anies Baswedan on Tuesday, comparing the candidate with newly elected US President Donald Trump.
Hary who attended the declaration event in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, said that the United Indonesia Party (Perindo) had decided to endorse Anies and his running mate Sandiaga Uno because the pair represented underprivileged people.
"Like Perindo's spirit that favors the 'little people', we need leaders who are concerned about the economic conditions of the little people," Hary said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Wednesday.
He also made comment on the pair’s “OK-OC" finger gesture. “The gesture is like one of Trump’s. Hopefully their fate is also similar,” said Hary who is widely known as a Trump business partner.
During the declaration, the party and the pair signed a political contract, which stated their agreement, among others, to develop the capital and improve residents' welfare.
The declaration was also attended by Gerindra party head Prabowo Subianto, the campaign team's volunteer head Boy Sadikin and Abraham Lunggana, popularly known as Haji Lulung, who recently was dismissed by the United Development Party (PPP) for supporting the pair instead of the incumbent Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama and Djarot Saiful Hidayat. (Cal)
You might also like :
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017